Friday, April 11, 2008

Raggs! Cute Thing of the Week


I'm always blown away by the fluffy and realistic creatures that Wibit over at Roman Sock puts together. Raggs, her latest creation is no exception. Just look at that face!

And yes, in case you're wondering, this one is crocheted. It's hard to believe from the picture (don't you just want to hold him!). I know the first time I saw one of Wibit's creations I was sure that it was a stuffed animal sewn together from pieces of pre-made fur. Not being a very good seamstress myself, I was very excited to learn that this look could be achieved through crochet. The technique involves using a fluffy wool such as mohair or a mohair mix to crochet the pieces of your amigurumi and then brushing it out with a slicker brush.



Raggs was made as a gift for someone and right now he's not available for sale or as a pattern. However, if you're as impressed with Raggs as I am I urge you to visit Roman Sock or the link on Craftster to pay your compliments and see more pictures. Wibit also has several free patterns available on Roman Sock that use the brushed wool technique if you want to give it a try.

No comments: